Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Week 6 EOC

When I watched the 2008 documentary Illicit: The Dark Trade by National Geographic, I saw many things that I didn't know about. I already knew about piracy -illegally downloading songs, movies, etc. - and I knew about fake purses and glasses, specially after I saw a huge market selling that stuff in Los Angeles, but I didn't know much about the other things pirates do like make fake money, and I didn't know that the fake products they sell were sold so much all around the world. It's an interesting, informative, documentary but it also gives off the feeling of fear. It gives the viewer a message: don't pirate or we can come get you. But then again, I shouldn't really worry about that because I myself don't like to buy fakes. I don't like the feeling of owning a fake product, even if it's cheaper. I want to have the real thing. I want to know the product I paid for works. And for things like fake glasses, which I rarely wear, I just don't want a fake pair. I have downloaded music from the internet, or YouTube to MP3 converters, but I also care about the artists I listen to and I support the by buying their CDs, and going to see them live. I love buying CDs as a matter of fact. I love having the physical album with me, and being able to open the booklets inside, or putting the album on my wall as art. I love collecting albums. I also enjoy going to concerts - a lot. Going to concerts is a hobby to me, a hobby which I do very often. Not only am I having a great time surrounded by fans, but I'm also showing the artist(s) that I support him, her, or them.

No comments:

Post a Comment