Thursday, August 2, 2012

Week 4 EOC: Death Match Jeopardy

On July 31, 2012 I took part in a Jeopardy game in class with the purpose of learning, while having fun. I had to contribute to the game in several ways; by studying, playing, and making my own game. To be able to play, I really had to study many definitions from the book, Patent, Copyright, and Trademark by Richard Stim so that I would know the answers. I also had to search for, and study words in order to create my own game. This really helped me learn and understand words more than I would if I were just studying. On the day of class when I got to play other student's games I saw that playing Jeopardy can be very educational - and fun. I loved the competition; it made me want to look through the book for the answer even more, therefore making me want to learn. While making my own game was also a learning experience, playing other student's games was better because I had seen, and learned words that I hadn't to my own game, making this game an even better learning experience. I think this idea of having students create a Jeopardy game and then play each others games to learn should be used in other classes because it really is helpful, and by making the experience fun, and competitive, it makes the student want to gain more knowledge to win the game, at the same time preparing him or her for exams. After the games on Tuesday, I still need to study more to be sure I can pass the exam, but at least I will already know many of the definitions and that really can be of great help.

No comments:

Post a Comment